Curious about Android Auto? Android Auto is Google’s attempt to bring Android to the car, with controls and a user interface optimized for driving. The first cars with Auto support were released in the summer of 2015 and Google has since opened up Android Auto to everyone with the recent release of the Android Auto app, giving developers a unique opportunity to reach a whole new set of users. The goal of this session is to get you started developing great apps for this emerging platform.
Get more development news like this
We’ll talk about how to:
- Extend your existing audio or messaging app to be compatible with an Android Auto head unit
- Use Android Auto to play music, compose and read messages and respond to user voice actions
- Develop and test your apps with the Desktop Head Unit
- Make sense of the Android Auto design guidelines and usability requirements that are in place for Auto apps
- Distribute your Auto app through Google Play.
Join us as we walk through real-life examples and see just how easy it is to get started with Android Auto!
About the content
This talk was delivered live in April 2017 at Droidcon Boston. The video was recorded, produced, and transcribed by Realm, and is published here with the permission of the conference organizers.